Are you prepared if something happens while you’re in your vehicle this winter? It’s important to be prepared for winter, and when it comes to having supplies in your car it’s no exception.
Keeping a small emergency kit on hand in your vehicle is the best way to make sure that you have what you need, whether it’s getting stuck in a snowbank or a dead battery.
Here are the supplies you should keep in your car’s emergency kit:
- A jumper cable. You may also want to include some flares and a reflective triangle for breakdowns.
- Flashlight with extra batteries.
- First aid kit with any of your medications included.
- Formula and diapers (if you have a small child).
- Non-perishable food items, including canned food and protein-dense foods, and a manual can opener to open any cans.
- Water. Preferably a gallon of water per person a day. Try to prepare for three days’ worth.
- Some tools, including a screwdriver and pliers.
- A radio.
- Cat litter or sand, to get better traction in icy areas.
- An ice scraper and shovel to remove snow from your vehicle.
- Warm clothing or blankets.
- A cell phone charger.
Steve’s Auto Repair & Tire wants to make sure that all of our customers are safe and prepared, especially with the winter weather coming. In addition to your emergency kit, making sure to get your car serviced and installing snow tires are a good investment in your safety and your vehicle this winter.
Steve’s Auto Repair & Tire is an authorized Goodyear tire dealer located in Woodbridge, Virginia. Automotive repair services are performed on all makes and models, including BMW and Mercedes. Services include oil changes, brakes, alignments, inspections, and computer engine diagnostics.